• 4 hazel posts (at least 1 1/2 inches in diameter)
• Willow rods (flexible stems)
• Knife or ax (Optional — to whittle ends of posts to a point so they pierce the ground more easily.)
How to Make a Willow Hurdle
1. Hammer your hazel posts into the ground to form the upright posts for your hurdle. If the ground is hard, whittle the ends of the sticks to a point first.
2. Weave your first willow rod in and out of the upright posts. Weave your second rod in the opposite direction.
3. Select an extra-long rod and weave it into the hurdle, then…